Airavata source code is maintained using Apache Subversion version control.
Browse Airavata source repository in ViewVC.
The SVN location is Airavata SVN
To check out the source code: svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/
- The source code is organized by major components into modules directory.
- The GFac-Core is the POJO style implementation of the Airavata Application Wrapper and Job management tool.
- GFac-Axis2 is a web service interface to GFac-Core developed in Axis2 Framework.
- XBaya-GUI is the desktop and JNLP webstartable interface to construct, execute and monitor workflows. XBaya provides a graphical programming abstraction over worklfow languages like BPEL.
- Workflow Interpreter is an axis2 web service which wraps XBaya to provide server side enactment capability.
- WS-Messenger is a web service messaging system used within Airavata for all service to service and end user communications.
- XRegistry is a registry services which provides a web service interface to a database of application, service and workflow deployment descriptions. XRegistry is developed using XSUL.
See build instructions.
Some coding practices:
- License Header: Always add the current ASF license header as described in ASF Source Header.
- Trailing Whitespaces: Remove all trailing whitespaces. Eclipse users can use Source->Cleanup option to accomplish this.
- Indentation: Use 4 space indents and never use tabs!
- Line wrapping: Use 120-column line width for Java code and Javadoc.
- Author Tags: Do not use Author Tags. The code is developed and owned by the community.
Eclipse Configuration Tips
Configure Eclipse Preferences
- Download Eclipse Formatting and Style Guides for Airavata Style Templates
- To add Formatter: Preferences > Java > Code Style > Formatter and import the airavata-formatting-preferences.xml downloaded in the previous step.
- To add Templates: Preferences > Java > Code Style > Code Templates and import the airavata-code-style-template.xml. This templates adds the ASF header and so on for new code.